How to Collect Debug Data
Analyzing Debug Data
After you sent data into scdebugger.com, you can easily examine and debug those data beacons by going to parser.scdebugger.com and entering in the Account ID/RSID you sent your data beacons to. From there, you will be able to access, validate, test, and manipulate all your debug requests as needed.
Forwarding Debug Data to Adobe Analytics™
You can choose to forward debug data collected from a specific report suite to your actual Adobe Analytics™ data collection servers. In the SDR Variable Mapping tool referenced in the previous section, simply enter the tracking server address in the "301 Redirection Host" field and click update to enable this functionality. To remove the redirect, simply perform an SDR Variable Map purge (in the 'tools' sidebar menu on most debugging pages). Please note that multi-suite tagging will not automatically forward requests to the actual data collection servers unless the entire multi-suite string (e.g. "suite1,suite2") is also set up to forward hits via redirect.
SDR Variable Maps
New Feature: Now you can manually assign friendly names and notes to your report suite's variables from the web! Now when you load the Data Beacon Analysis page, you only need to click on the '+' icon in the Variable or Note column to add your own meta-data. Save the meta-data by pressing Enter in the text field when done.
SDR refers to Solution Design Reference, a document commonly generated by those who implement Adobe Analytics™ tracking code. If you wish to upload an SDR Variable Map to give context information to your data beacons, you must follow the explicit format outlined below:
- The first row in your table contains the header data and will not be imported. The headers are as follows:
- Variable Name - Data in this column must match the query string parameter that is used in the data beacon (e.g. "v1" for Custom Conversion Variable 1/eVar1)
- Friendly Name - A friendly contextual name for what this variable is supposed to contain.
- Note - Any additional notes about the variable. Try to keep these concise so as to improve readability in the report tables.
- Screenshot Example:
- The filename should match the Account ID/RSID you are sending the data beacons to. For example, if I were sending data to the "scdebuggertest" report suite, the resulting filename would be scdebuggertest.csv.
- SDR Variable Maps must be uploaded in .CSV format. If using Excel, simply save your variable map as the type "CSV Comma-delimited (*.csv)"
When you have the file created, click on the "Define SDR Map" in the sidebar menu on your parser.scdebugger.com site to upload the mappings.